Tuesday 4 February 2014

How to get rid of dry skin

Hey guys,
Tackling dry skin is a huge problem for many people, like myself. Personally I have dry skin but still often get spots which is a nightmare when attempting to heal those flakes whilst avoiding the dreaded blemishes. After trying many creams and cleansers I have found what works best for me.

Night time is the best time to moisturise your skin to death as this is the time your skin takes to renew and heal. The cleanser that I am currently using is the B pure Micellar water which, as it claims, removes make up and dirt from your skin in a single sweep. Its magic, but I have only been using this product for a week and even though I'm currently loving it, I don't want to recommend until I have been using it for at least a month.
I prefer to cleanse my skin twice, the first to remove make up and the second to penetrate deeper to remove dirt that is clogging my pores. The second cleanser, which I can recommend is the Dove Beauty Cream Bar which is great for those with dry skin as it is 1/4 moisturizing cream.
Once I have finished cleansing my skin I then move onto moisturising. Every night I use the E45 cream treatment for dry skin conditions. This is a life saver! I have been using this product all through the winter and it significantly improved my dry patches.

Then to moisturize my skin further using clean fingers I press extra virgin olive oil into my skin. Extra virgin is always best as chemicals have not been added to it so it is much more natural therefore you get better benefits. I have previously made a blog post about the benefits so be sure to check that out (don't worry it will open in a new tab) http://beautyhelp97.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/hey-guys-good-news-olive-oil-is-great.html . Olive oil doesn't soak into the skin very quickly therefore I apply Vaseline to my skin as well. There are a lot of miss conceptions about Vaseline, as it is very thick some people believe it clogs pores but this isn't true. It will only clog pores if you apply too much. I pat a thin layer on top of the olive oil leaving me looking like a shiny monster, which is the reason I do this at night. I specifically use the Aloe Vera Vaseline as it is known for repairing the skin.
I only use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the Vaseline every other night, for example Monday I will use it, Tuesday I won't, and repeat. If you have very severe dry skin you may want to do this every night but I suggest doing it a few hours before bed as laying down may rub off the oil and Vaseline.

In the morning I cleanse my skin again with the dove beauty cream bar to remove any dirt or residue that is on my skin. I then moisturise again with the E45 Cream treatment for dry skin conditions but remember to do this a little before applying make up and you may need to use a tissue to pat the excess off.

I exfoliate my skin weekly as everyday is too harsh unless you use a daily micro exfoliant. I use the N07 Beautiful skin radiance exfoliator for normal/dry skin. The beads in this are not to harsh and it leaves a lovely smooth canvas for me to apply my make up.
You can also use a face mask but at this point I have not found one which I am blown away by, but once I find the perfect mask I'll be sure to write a review for you.

I hoped this helped

No comments:

Post a Comment